Marrying Family

Well, it's back to the sea to marry my brother and his fiancée.
Please pray all goes well.  I want it to be meaningful and warm.

I was going to start with:
Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togethew today. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam. And wove, twue wove, wiww fowwow you fowevah and evah… So tweasuwe youw wove
But I'm not sure if anyone would get it  (did you?).*

My best line so far - "If there are 2 kinds of people in the world who need to just be quiet, -it's pastors and attorneys."  (Hope he's not reading this....!)  I also thought about Hauerwas' "We always marry the wrong person" but I think it would take a long time to orient everyone on that one.  Won't be scripture heavy either.  I'm hoping to make a good impression by "getting it" for them.  Speaking of Jesus appropriately here is the challenge.  Hopefully the Holy Spirit will not prompt me to any crazy sermons or naked prophecies the day of.  In the meantime I'll take tasteful jokes in the comments, ribald ones by email.






*princess bride

Comments

Popular Posts