Church and theology quote

I stumbled across this quote from Barth at the end of his work, The Church and  the Churches, and wondered how this happens:
[I]t is vital that once more in every church, in its own special atmosphere and thus with an ear attentive to Christ, real sober strict genuine theology should become active. Theological work, concrete and unpretentious, may well be the business which men can most readily set about within the churches for the sake of the Church. Here I make an abrupt end; thus leaving it clear that even in this sphere the really decisive work cannot be an achievement of human power.
What creates a theological thirst in people? How do you teach thinking through things?  It's not an academic concern, but (and here I get to stand with Barth!) I think it is profoundly important.  Any suggestions?

Comments

Popular Posts